Sesame Chicken with Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1-1/2 cups prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups plum jam
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Add chicken and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Dredge the chicken in the crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine butter and shortening; drizzle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; heat through. Serve with the chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sesame Chicken with Mustard Sauce
Sort By :
I didn't make the sauce, but the chicken was tasty. I did however pan fry the chicken rather than baking it.
Loved the chicken. I didn't make the sauce.