Sesame Chicken with Ginger Shiitake Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons wasabi mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place sesame seeds in a shallow bowl; dip chicken in sesame seeds.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook and stir the mushrooms, ginger and garlic in soy sauce and butter for 3 minutes. Add cream and mustard; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 587 calories, 45 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken with Ginger Shiitake Cream Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.