Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 7 snow peas
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry peas, broccoli and red pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and onion; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and sugar; stir in water and soy sauce until smooth. Add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; cook until mixture is heated through and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 398 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 2,858 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
"I made this recipe but changed out some of the vegetables and deleted the sesame seeds, my husband hates seeds. Other than those changes it was awesome!"
"I made it today and it's a keeper. My wife and I like our foods seasoned pretty well, so I just put in a little seasoning."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer