Sesame Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh snow peas
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce and ginger. Stir in the chicken, peas, pepper and sesame seeds. Serve over lettuce leaves; sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 254 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Salad
"I really enjoyed this and so did the family. I made little salad poppers out of it.."
"I didnt find this to have too much flavor. It was a good meal but probably not something I would make again. Although I loved how easy & fast it was to make."
"I used canned chicken, I had no snow peas so used chopped celery, and put on chopped lettuce leaves, so to be able to eat easier, and used sliced almonds as I don't like cashews. Was Great!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.