Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, sesame seeds, salt and pepper; shake well. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; place in a bowl. Add chicken and half of the dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Set remaining dressing aside.
- 2. Just before serving, add the spinach, onions, parsley and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 181 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad
"This recipe is a WOW! I have added beets, broccoli, carrots and tomatoes. Whatever is fresh from the garden."
"I deviated a little from the recipe. I combined the chicken, pasta, spinach, green onions and parsley all at the same time and tossed with about 1/3 cup of the dressing, and then refrigerated until ready to serve. I used Mary's suggestion and subbed 1 Tbsp. sesame oil for the canola oil. Sesame seeds are pricey, so I omitted them. The recipe made far more dressing than I needed, so I didn't even need to add more before serving. It was tasty and I would make it again."
"This is a delicious recipe. I altered it slightly, instead of 2 tablespoons of canola oil, I used 1 tablespoon of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Sesame oil gives it a nutty/sesame flavor and can be found in the oriental section of most supermarkets."