Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, sesame seeds, salt and pepper; shake well. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; place in a bowl. Add chicken and half of the dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Set remaining dressing aside.
- 2. Just before serving, add the spinach, onions, parsley and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.