"This tasty chicken salad tops my list of most-requested recipes," informs Fran Thompson of Tarboro, North Carolina. "I've made it for countless occasions—from church potlucks and family functions to bridal luncheons.
- 6 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, sesame seeds, salt and pepper; shake well. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; place in a bowl. Add chicken and half of the dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Set remaining dressing aside.
- Just before serving, add the spinach, onions, parsley and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p9
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review