Sesame Chicken Over Greens Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- On four serving plates, divide the greens, red pepper, carrot, onions and olives. Thinly slice chicken and arrange over salad. Drizzle with ranch dressing; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken Over Greens in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p23
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Over Greens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2014
"So delicious! It is a little spicy, but we adjusted it to our tastes. Great recipe!"