Sesame Chicken Noodle Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, coleslaw mix, oranges, red pepper, snap peas and green onions; sprinkle with salt and toss to combine.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Add pasta and dressing to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Noodle Salad(6)
Sort By :
Loved it. Served it with a side of steam buns.
The first time I made this recipe I made it exactly as instructed. It was good, but not excellent. It is a lower calorie and healthier than most noodle salad recipe. I made it a second time and used regular angel hair pasta and I coated my chicken with corn starch and then cooked it and tossed in some sesame cooking oil and honey to coat. I replaced the red peppers with green peppers and used regular sesame salad dressing and left off the peanuts. I added toasted sesame seeds. To me, this made the dish excellent.
Excellent salad! I've made several times, both with the chicken and without to serve as a side salad with grilled chicken. I use regular thin spaghetti and add extra shredded carrots for more color and extra crunch and I prefer to Blanche the snap peas. This is a new summer staple in my house.
This was just delicious. I am not a fan of whole wheat pasta so I used the regular kind and a bottled dressing. It made what I consider a huge amount and I think it would feed six. I will make this again for family or to take to a picnic.
I love this. I made my own spicy dressing. Next time I will put only 1/2 the amount of red pepper flakes in. I cut the recipe in half, this made 4 servings for our family. I didn't have peanuts, used cashews instead.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >