- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the sherry or broth, soy sauce, onions, preserves, oil, garlic, ginger, hot pepper sauce and 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds. Pour 1/3 cup into another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternating, thread chicken and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, basting with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear, turning and basting frequently. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Kabobs
Sort By :
"Easy and flavorful!"
"i love these we always make rice to go with it"
"Very Good! Since I have to watch my salt, I used a TOH recipe for soy sauce substitute printed in 2006(?) that cut the sodium about 75% (900mg vs 220mg per TBSP). Never missed the salt."