- bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 1 minute. Add broccoli; cover
- and steam 2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold
- water; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl; add chicken, red pepper
- and zucchini.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, apple juice
- concentrate, water, canola oil, ginger, pepper and remaining soy
- sauce and sesame oil. Shake well. Pour over chicken mixture and toss
- to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Serve over couscous. Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup chicken mixture with 3/4 cup couscous) equals 382 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.