Sesame Chicken Breasts Recipe
I triple this recipe when chicken is on sale, freeze it with the marinade in resealable bags. The night before I need it, I place a bag in the refrigerator and the chicken marinates as it thaws.—Anne Wegener, Springville, Indiana
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, oil, garlic and ginger. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting, cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water, broth and reserved marinade until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve chicken and sauce with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Breasts
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2011
"I agree - the marinade needs something. The lemon juice was too much. Any ideas?"
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2010
"The chicken was good but the marinade was awful. I think the problem was the lemon. It needs tweaking."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC