Sesame Chicken and Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, stir-fry the chicken, mushrooms, red pepper and garlic in remaining oil for 5-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add the onions, sherry, ginger and spaghetti; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 358 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.