"For flavorful, moist and tender chicken, try this marinade," suggests Julie Lake from Anchorage, Alaska. "The sesame seeds cling well to season the meat. We also like this mixture on chicken wings, beef short ribs and pork."
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sesame Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2011
"We've made this recipe several times. I do modify it by using less sugar or sugar-free brown sugar blend. My kids love it!"