Sesame Cheese Crackers
These tasty homemade crackers are irresistible! Enjoy them with soups, or munch on them all by themselves. Cayenne pepper adds a bit of a kick.Margaret J. Inlow, Joliet, Illinois
77 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 to 7-1/2 teaspoons ice water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and cayenne; cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and sesame
- seeds. Combine 3 teaspoons water and soy sauce; stir into dry
- ingredients with a fork. Stir in enough remaining water until dough
- forms a ball. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour
- or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle.
- Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place on lightly greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 77 crackers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cracker equals 23 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.