Sesame Cheese Crackers Recipe
These tasty homemade crackers are irresistible! Enjoy them with soups, or munch on them all by themselves. Cayenne pepper adds a bit of a kick.—Margaret J. Inlow, Joliet, Illinois
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 to 7-1/2 teaspoons ice water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk flour, salt and cayenne; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and sesame seeds. Combine 3 teaspoons water and soy sauce; stir into dry ingredients with a fork. Stir in enough remaining water until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14x11-in. rectangle. Cut into 2x1-in. strips. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 77 crackers.
1 cracker equals 23 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Sesame Cheese Crackers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC