These tasty homemade crackers are irresistible! Enjoy them with soups, or munch on them all by themselves. Cayenne pepper adds a bit of a kick.—Margaret J. Inlow, Joliet, Illinois
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 to 7-1/2 teaspoons ice water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, salt and cayenne; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and sesame seeds. Combine 3 teaspoons water and soy sauce; stir into dry ingredients with a fork. Stir in enough remaining water until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14x11-in. rectangle. Cut into 2x1-in. strips. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 77 crackers.
Originally published as Sesame Cheese Crackers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p61
Reviews for Sesame Cheese Crackers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"These are delicious and easy to make. I challenge you to eat just 2 or 3. They are addictive! I found 11 - 12 min. baking time was enough. I used 1/8 tsp. of cayenne which is just enough kick for me. Thank you for this recipe."