Sesame Cheese Ball Recipe
I came up with this cheese ball when I combined two favorite recipes. Unlike some cheese spreads that can be somewhat bland, this has a little zest. I make it for occasions throughout the year. —Brenda Baughman, Mansfield, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, celery, onion, garlic salt, seasoned salt and hot pepper sauce; beat until well blended. Shape into a ball; roll in sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (about 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC