Sesame Cheese Ball
I came up with this cheese ball when I combined two favorite recipes. Unlike some cheese spreads that can be somewhat bland, this has a little zest. I make it for occasions throughout the year.
Brenda Baughman, Mansfield, Ohio
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, celery, onion,
- garlic salt, seasoned salt and hot pepper sauce; beat until well
- blended. Shape into a ball; roll in sesame seeds. Cover and
- refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (about 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.