Sesame Carrots Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons molasses or sugar
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the carrots, onion, sesame seeds, salt, ginger and pepper in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in molasses. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 156 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Sesame Carrots
"Great easy side dish... Used fresh baby carrots instead since I had some on hand - cooked them first and then tossed them with the other ingredients. I also used brown sugar which seemed to work well..."
"This is a great recipe, but using fresh carrots and onions would improve the texture and taste. Next time I will toast the sesame seeds and add them to the mixture last."