Sesame Carrots Recipe
This tasty, colorful side dish will round out a variety of entrees. You can use molasses or sugar for sweetness. Marlene Muckenhirn - Delano, MN
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons molasses or sugar
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the carrots, onion, sesame seeds, salt, ginger and pepper in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in molasses. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 156 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC