Sesame Carrot Slices Recipe
To accompany the main dish, serve Sesame Carrot Slices shared by Jacqueline Thompson Graves of Cumming, Georgia. The sweet carrot coins are cooked on the stovetop until crisp-tender and are dressed up with a mild mixture of butter, brown sugar and sesame seeds. "This carrot dish is a welcome change of pace," Jacqueline assures. "It can be made more or less spicy, whichever your taste dictates, by altering the amount of hot pepper sauce," she adds.
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and stir the carrots in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, mustard, salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Cook and stir 4 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender and evenly coated. Sprinkle with parsley and sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sesame Carrot Slices
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2010
"These are so easy to make and so good! I didn't change a thing. Gobbled by both kids and adults!"
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
"Entire family enjoyed their carrots!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC