Sesame Cabbage Slaw Recipe
I often increase the portions of this recipe to serve a much larger number of people. But, as it is, it is perfect as a side dish for two…colorful and tasty.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lime juice, soy sauce and honey. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 123 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC