I often increase the portions of this recipe to serve a much larger number of people. But, as it is, it is perfect as a side dish for two…colorful and tasty.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lime juice, soy sauce and honey. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Cabbage Slaw in Reminisce Extra July 2009, p52
Reviews for Sesame Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review