Sesame Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the brussels sprouts in 1 cup water and bouillon for 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain and keep warm. In the same pan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic and remaining water until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add sprouts and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 88 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 vegetable
Reviews for Sesame Brussels Sprouts
"This recipe was in one of the Taste of Home cookbooks which I lost! I was so happy to find it here becaue it was my favorite way to eat brussel sprouts. Savory, crispy goodness. If your family doesn't care for brussel sprouts, try again with this recipe!"