Sesame Broccoli Recipe
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar and honey; cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
- 2. Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl; drizzle with soy sauce mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 48 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Sesame Broccoli
"Very good! The flavor of the soy sauce mixture did not over-power the broccoli."
"This was a tasty side dish! I used toasted sesame oil in place of olive oil for a little extra nutty sesame flavor. I found the suggested 10-15 minutes of steaming time for the broccoli to be a tad too long, and would suggest checking it sooner if you like a bit of a bite to your broccoli."