Sesame Broccoli Recipe
“This tasty broccoli dish has become a favorite at our house,” Janice Cawman says from Yakima, Washington. “It’s quick, easy and adds a colorful presentation to any menu.”
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar and honey; cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
- 2. Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl; drizzle with soy sauce mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 48 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC