Sesame Broccoli Florets Recipe
This side is so easy to jazz up. If you like, add some strips of sweet yellow or red pepper, or tossed in some chopped cilantro for a tangy kick.—Kathryn White, Pinehurst, North Carolina
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic and ginger in olive oil until tender. Add the broccoli, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil and pepper flakes; stir-fry 4 minutes longer. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC