Sesame Broccoli Florets
This side is so easy to jazz up. If you like, add some strips of sweet yellow or red pepper, or tossed in some chopped cilantro for a tangy kick.Kathryn White, Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic and ginger in olive oil
- until tender. Add the broccoli, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil
- and pepper flakes; stir-fry 4 minutes longer. Cover and cook for 3-4
- minutes or until broccoli is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.