- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce if desired and sesame oil until smooth; set aside.
- Cut off and discard root end of bok choy, leaving stalks with leaves. Cut green leaves from stalks. Cut leaves into 1-in. slices; set aside. Cut white stalks into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry bok choy stalks and carrots in canola oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the corn, peas, garlic, ginger and reserved leaves; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Bok Choy in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p369
Reviews for Sesame Bok Choy(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review