This Asian inspired recipe will become a favorite of your family.—Kim Champlin, Miami, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- Rice or chow mein noodles
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the sugar, 4 tablespoons
- oil, soy sauce, pepper, onions, garlic and sesame seeds. Pour half
- into a small bowl; set aside. Add beef to remaining marinade; seal
- bag and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. In large skillet or wok, heat
- remaining oil over high heat; add beef and reserved marinade.
- Stir-fry until beef is brown and has reached desired doneness. Serve
- immediately with rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 278 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.