Sesame Beef Tenderloin
"A sesame seed and honey glaze makes this roast elegant," says Sara Dakin from Longmont, Colorado.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add
- tenderloin; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours,
- turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. Brush the beef with honey; sprinkle with
- sesame seeds. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 400° for
- 25 minutes. Cover with foil. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for
- 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.