Sesame Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup hot cooked brown rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add pepper; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice equals 363 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.