- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add pepper; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"My kids and I loved it."
"Because of a fussy eater, I served the sesame seeds on the side, and then we forgot to use them, which is too bad because I'm sure they would add to the appearance and taste. But even without the sesame seeds, this recipe was tasty."