Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad
Especially during the summertime, this makes a nice light meal. When I prepare it for guests, I'll also serve rice and bread—it's quick and easy, but it always wins me many compliments!
I'm a homemaker with two small children, and cooking's one of my favorite hobbies.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Broil steak to desired doneness. Cool and cut into thin diagonal
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water 30-60 seconds. Drain and
- cool. Combine beef and asparagus. Blend all remaining ingredients
- except the sesame seeds and lettuce; pour over beef and asparagus.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve warm or at room
- temperature on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat; also 179 calories, 696 mg sodium, 48 mg cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 21 gm protein, 8 gm fat.