Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Broil steak to desired doneness. Cool and cut into thin diagonal strips.
- 2. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water 30-60 seconds. Drain and cool. Combine beef and asparagus. Blend all remaining ingredients except the sesame seeds and lettuce; pour over beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve warm or at room temperature on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 179 calories, 8g fat (0g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad
"Easy to make, and very tasty. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and this recipe hit the spot."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.