Especially during the summertime, this makes a nice light meal. When I prepare it for guests, I'll also serve rice and bread—it's quick and easy, but it always wins me many compliments! I'm a homemaker with two small children, and cooking's one of my favorite hobbies.
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Broil steak to desired doneness. Cool and cut into thin diagonal strips.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water 30-60 seconds. Drain and cool. Combine beef and asparagus. Blend all remaining ingredients except the sesame seeds and lettuce; pour over beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve warm or at room temperature on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad in Country Woman March/April 1991, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2013
"Easy to make, and very tasty. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and this recipe hit the spot."