Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad Recipe
Especially during the summertime, this makes a nice light meal. When I prepare it for guests, I'll also serve rice and breadit's quick and easy, but it always wins me many compliments! I'm a homemaker with two small children, and cooking's one of my favorite hobbies.
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Broil steak to desired doneness. Cool and cut into thin diagonal strips.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water 30-60 seconds. Drain and cool. Combine beef and asparagus. Blend all remaining ingredients except the sesame seeds and lettuce; pour over beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss lightly. Serve warm or at room temperature on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad in Country Woman March/April 1991, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2013
Easy to make, and very tasty. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and this recipe hit the spot.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Asparagus Salad >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >