This is a favorite with my entire familyChalk it up to the fact that this recipe delivers great flavor, tender chunks of meat and a presentation as pretty as a picture! Frances Klingemann-Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: 38 Low-Carb Snacks Your Family Will Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 32 medium fresh mushrooms
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a blender, combine the soy sauce, wine, 1/2 cup green pepper, onion, garlic and ginger; cover and process until smooth. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate 1/3 cup mixture for basting. Pour remaining mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining peppers.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, mushrooms, tomatoes and remaining peppers. Brush lightly with oil.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Beef 'n' Veggie Kabobs in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p63
Reviews forSesame Beef 'n' Veggie Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2009
"can this be made with out the mushrooms and using chicken that has been marinaded??"