Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies—especially when it comes to experimenting with fresh ingredients like these. This meaty salad is wonderful at the start of asparagus season. —Tamara Steeb, Issaquah, Washington
Featured In: Your March Meal Plan
- 1 beef top round steak (1 pound)
- 4 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Sesame seeds
- Lettuce leaves, shredded carrots, sliced radishes, fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges, optional
- Preheat broiler. Broil meat 3-4 in. from heat on each side to desired degree of doneness (medium-rare, 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Cool and cut into thin diagonal strips.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Combine beef and asparagus. Stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and ginger; pour over beef and asparagus. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; toss lightly. If desired, serve on lettuce leaves with shredded carrots, sliced radishes, cilantro and lime wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Beef and Asparagus Salad in Country Woman March/April 1991, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Beef & Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review