- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- Rice or chow mein noodles
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the sugar, 4 tablespoons oil, soy sauce, pepper, onions, garlic and sesame seeds. Pour half into a small bowl; set aside. Add beef to remaining marinade; seal bag and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. In large skillet or wok, heat remaining oil over high heat; add beef and reserved marinade. Stir-fry until beef is brown and has reached desired doneness. Serve immediately with rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Beef in Country Woman May/June 1992, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sesame Beef(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >