Sesame Asparagus Saute
This is the prettiest veggie dish I’ve ever seen! When fresh asparagus is in season, I make this at least once a week. —Karen Paumen, Annandale, MN
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Saute asparagus and green onions in butter in a large skillet until
- crisp-tender. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.