Crunchy veggies and noodles are coated in a tangy dressing in this pleasant slaw created by our Test Kitchen.
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded romaine
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Split ramen noodles in half (save the seasoning and half of the noodles for another use). Break apart remaining noodles; place in a bowl. Add the cabbage, romaine, onion, almonds and sesame seeds.
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, canola oil, water, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper; shake well. Add dressing to salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Almond Slaw in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p12
Reviews for Sesame Almond Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review