Sesame-Almond Romaine Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles, crushed
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 2 bunches romaine, torn
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sugar over medium heat. Add the noodles, sesame seeds and almonds. (Discard seasoning packets from noodles or save for another use.) Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until browned; set aside. In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine and onions.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over romaine mixture; top with noodle mixture. Toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sesame-Almond Romaine Salad(5)
Sort By :
This quickly became my staple recipe--requested by family and friends time and again. I've added teriyaki marinated chicken and made it an entreÃ©. Fabulous recipe!
This salad was a breeze to make. I whipped up all the ingredients in the mornng, prepped the lettuce and stored separately in the fridge until serving time. Quick and easy to throw together. Served it as a part of my Father's Day dinner and it was a hit. Very tasty. It's a keeper for sure.
My SIL has made this salad numerous times and it's so delicious! I seem to be addicted to it because everytime she makes it I seem to have 4 servings+ of it. Now that I've found the recipe I'm going to be making it with gusto!
I'm going to cut down on the butter next time but everyone loved this salad!
What a delicious salad. I added a large can (drained)of mandarin oranges. I have made it several times and sent the recipe on to others at their request.