- Line bottom of another large kettle with half of the remaining small
- cabbage leaves; cover with half of the sauerkraut. Place 1
- tablespoon of meat mixture on each large cabbage leaf. Fold sides
- over and roll leaf up tightly lengthwise; tuck loose ends under and
- place seam side down on top of sauerkraut. Repeat with remaining
- large leaves and meat mixture. Cover with remaining sauerkraut and
- small cabbage leaves.
- For gravy, combine the oil and flour in a small saucepan. Add
- remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until slightly
- thickened; pour over cabbage leaves. Simmer gently over low heat for
- 1-1/2 to 2 hours, shaking kettle occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 249 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,039 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.