Sensational Tiramisu Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, egg whites and water in a small heavy saucepan over low heat. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating on low over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 8-10 minutes. Pour into a large bowl. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange half of ladyfingers in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Combine the boiling water, coffee liqueur, coffee granules and remaining sugar; brush half of mixture over ladyfingers. Top with half of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Spread remaining whipped topping over the top; sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sensational Tiramisu(14)
Sort By :
Can someone explain the heating and beating process to form the peaks on the stove mixture. I could not get mine to do that!
Made this yesterday for a Pre-Christmas dinner with friends. It was a hit.
You can also find lady fingers in the fresh fruit area of your grocery store. Sometimes they are also in the bakery section.
You should be using Italian Lady Fingers which are firmer and crispier in nature. They can be found in larger supermarkets or any italian deli store. The American version of lady fingers are too soft...they are sponge cake and fall apart.
I work at a grocery store and we have lady fingers in the freezer section.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >