Sensational Tiramisu Recipe
This light version of the popular Italian dessert is moist and creamy, and cuts so well into pretty layered squares. You'll love the blend of coffee, Kahlua and cream cheese flavors. —Mary Walters, Westerville, Ohio
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; set aside.
- 2. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, egg whites and water in a small heavy saucepan over low heat. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating on low over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 8-10 minutes. Pour into a large bowl. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Arrange half of ladyfingers in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Combine the boiling water, coffee liqueur, coffee granules and remaining sugar; brush half of mixture over ladyfingers. Top with half of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Spread remaining whipped topping over the top; sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 223 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC