Sensational Stuffed Mushrooms
"Sometimes I use fewer mushrooms than this recipe calls for and really pile up the stuffing.” —Sandy Harz, Grand Haven, Michigan
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 30 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard stems or save for another use);
- set caps aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese,
- cherries and onions. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or
- until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed mushroom equals 63 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.