"Sometimes I use fewer mushrooms than this recipe calls for and really pile up the stuffing.” —Sandy Harz, Grand Haven, Michigan
- 30 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard stems or save for another use); set caps aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese, cherries and onions. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sensational Stuffed Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p89
Reviews for Sensational Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review