Colorful and refreshing, this sweet-tart slush has become a family favorite. I freeze the mix in 2- and 4-cup containers so it can be served in small portions for individuals or the whole family. I also freeze crushed strawberries to make preparation simpler.
20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. In a
- blender combine pineapple juice and strawberries; cover and process
- until blended. Add to gelatin mixture. Stir in concentrates and cold
- water. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. For each serving,
- combine 1/2 cup slush mixture with 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda; stir
- well. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 151 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.