Sensational Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, jelly, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and celery seed. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sensational Sloppy Joes
Sort By :
"This recipe is great and so easy. My husband used to eat the sloppy joe stuff from a can but once I made this he never went back (could be I refuse to buy the stuff). It is so yummy that when I make it I usually double the recipe and freeze half for later."
"This is my go to sloppy joe recipe, very kid friendly since it is on the sweet side. I usually leave out the celery seed and make it with ground turkey instead of beef. I sometimes make a larger batch and freeze it in ziploc bags and reheat in the crockpot for a quick, easy dinner."
"EXCELLENT! I forgot the celery seed. omitted the salt."
"My family loves this recipe. We've been making it for years now. It is a bit sweet, I make a spicy sloppy joe recipe too when I'm feeling bold. However, this is our go-to family recipe 99% of the time because our 4 year old just loves it and he isn't much of a meat eater so this recipe is a keeper for us!"
"My son hates sloppy joes. When I saw this recipe it reminded me of the cocktail meatballs he loves. I made them and he loved them! I make them for parties all the time and people quite often ask me for the recipe. I often increase the recipe and portion it out to freeze. A quick and simple meal on hand when you need it!"