"I’ve always liked sloppy joes but was feeling that my own recipe lacked character. Then a co-worker shared hers with me, and I guarantee I’ll never go back! Grape jelly adds a hint of sweetness to this fun, flavorful mixture, but I often use more than called for because my husband likes his extra sweet," shares Jessica Mergen from Cuba City, Wisconsin.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, jelly, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and celery seed. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sensational Sloppy Joes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p35
Reviews for Sensational Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review