- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, jelly, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and celery seed. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sensational Sloppy Joes
Sort By :
"I loved the different flavors going on in this recipe! Very unique and of course, much better than the canned stuff with very little prep time."
"This recipe is great and so easy. My husband used to eat the sloppy joe stuff from a can but once I made this he never went back (could be I refuse to buy the stuff). It is so yummy that when I make it I usually double the recipe and freeze half for later."
"This is my go to sloppy joe recipe, very kid friendly since it is on the sweet side. I usually leave out the celery seed and make it with ground turkey instead of beef. I sometimes make a larger batch and freeze it in ziploc bags and reheat in the crockpot for a quick, easy dinner."
"EXCELLENT! I forgot the celery seed. omitted the salt."
"My family loves this recipe. We've been making it for years now. It is a bit sweet, I make a spicy sloppy joe recipe too when I'm feeling bold. However, this is our go-to family recipe 99% of the time because our 4 year old just loves it and he isn't much of a meat eater so this recipe is a keeper for us!"