Sensational Sloppy Joes Recipe
"I’ve always liked sloppy joes but was feeling that my own recipe lacked character. Then a co-worker shared hers with me, and I guarantee I’ll never go back! Grape jelly adds a hint of sweetness to this fun, flavorful mixture, but I often use more than called for because my husband likes his extra sweet," shares Jessica Mergen from Cuba City, Wisconsin.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, jelly, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and celery seed. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 330 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC