Senior Strawberry Slush
Here's fruity refreshment that can flavor a gathering without a fuss! Simply stir up strawberries, juices, water and sugar according to the recipe, then freeze. Add soda before serving and you're all set.
Keep one thing in mind, though, chuckles Thelma Rush of Mt. Pleasant, Tennessee. "You may want to make extra," she notes. "People are always coming back for seconds!"
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a large bowl, stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add
- strawberries and juices; stir until combined. Pour into two 12-cup
- fluted tube pans or a large freezer container.
- Remove from the freezer 1-1/2 hours before serving. Place fruit
- mixture in a punch bowl; stir in soda. Yield: 5 quarts.