Here's fruity refreshment that can flavor a gathering without a fuss! Simply stir up strawberries, juices, water and sugar according to the recipe, then freeze. Add soda before serving and you're all set. Keep one thing in mind, though, chuckles Thelma Rush of Mt. Pleasant, Tennessee. "You may want to make extra," she notes. "People are always coming back for seconds!"
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 4 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a large bowl, stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add strawberries and juices; stir until combined. Pour into two 12-cup fluted tube pans or a large freezer container.
- Remove from the freezer 1-1/2 hours before serving. Place fruit mixture in a punch bowl; stir in soda. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Senior Strawberry Slush in Country Woman May/June 1999, p25
Reviews for Senior Strawberry Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
"I made this for Christmas Eve and it went over really well. I would recommend chopping up the strawberries before adding however."