Semisweet Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
Nancy Arevalo of Brookfield, Wisconsin shared the recipe for these buttery refrigerator cookies. Chocolate and vanilla provide a delightful contrast in their flavor and appearance.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Add melted chocolate to one portion; mix well. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Divide each portion of dough into fourths; shape each into a 5-in. log. Flatten into triangular-shaped logs. Brush long sides with milk. Assemble one large roll by alternating two chocolate and two plain logs. Repeat. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Unwrap each roll; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Semisweet Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC