Semisweet Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies
Nancy Arevalo of Brookfield, Wisconsin shared the recipe for these buttery refrigerator cookies. Chocolate and vanilla provide a delightful contrast in their flavor and appearance.
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk, warmed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Add melted chocolate to one portion; mix well.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Divide each portion of dough into fourths; shape each into a 5-in.
- log. Flatten into triangular-shaped logs. Brush long sides with
- milk. Assemble one large roll by alternating two chocolate and two
- plain logs. Repeat. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or
- until firm.
- Unwrap each roll; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on